Pages

Monday, March 30, 2015

Prenatal Yoga

I have about 3 weeks to go before Baby comes and as hard as it is to move around with my growing belly, aching back and swollen legs, I've been trying my hardest to make it to any yoga session I can get myself to. Sometimes I'm just too exhausted, and other times it's a timing issue. 

Lately though, I've cut it down to just one class - my prenatal class. It's low-impact and I don't feel so awkward because I'm not the only one struggling with my balance and shifting my belly trying to work into the poses. I feel like if I can make it to this class, at least I'm doing something good for my body and relaxing once a week.




Usually, Andrew can watch the boys while I go so it's a bit of an escape for me. But last week, Andrew had to work. A couple weeks before, I brought the boys along to the daddy class, even though Andrew had to work then, too, and they were so quiet and well behaved so I brought them along again. Even though they were relatively well-behaved the second time around, all I could hear the whole time was their whispering and shuffling. My instructor kept reassuring me that it was okay and they were fine but I couldn't get over it and I couldn't block their noise out of my head.


Now that we're getting down to the last days, I'm so glad I could just go to my class by myself again today because sometimes I just need to get away from it all and find some quietness inside my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...