Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Nathan On Ice

Our friends invited us along for an afternoon of skating over the weekend.

I asked Nathan if he'd like to join, fully expecting him to say "no" because he absolutely hated it when we brought him skating back in Canada. He was only three years old at the time but I thought the experience had scarred him for life.

Luckily, I was wrong. Nathan agreed to give ice skating another try.

Even as we put his skates on, I was worried Nathan would give up quickly. But he hopped onto the ice with Andrew and after a few laps, Nathan was skating without holding onto Andrew or the walls.


Soon he was asking whether practicing his ice skating skills would help him with rollerblading.


Rollerblading?! Just a week ago when we were thinking of buying rollerblades for Nathan, he wouldn't even give rollerblading a chance and now he's looking forward to trying it out? Where did my cautious little boy who liked having his feet firmly planted on the ground go?


Nathan can't wait to go skating again and I'm extremely excited about this because skating is the one thing I can do with him despite my lack of athletic ability.


Poor Caleb, though he really wanted to get on the ice, he spent the entire time on the bench waiting his turn. Fortunately, we had packed enough snacks for him to munch on and he had fun dancing to the music and watching people whiz by. I can't wait until he can join us on the ice, too!

1 comment:

  1. i'm so glad we got a chance to go skating.. it was a nice reminder of Canada

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...