Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2012

December Daily 2012 Prep

December is a a jam-packed month for our family - we have two birthdays in our family to go along with the typical flurry of Christmas and New Year's events.

This year, I'm planning on doing a December Daily mini book to document our month of celebration. I attempted it last year, but suffice to say I didn't actually complete it. In fact, all the ephemera and pictures that were supposed to go into the album are still sitting in a crop bag.

Trying to avoid the same fate this year, I started pulling together papers for this year's mini book a couple months ago.

I went with a very non-traditional colour palette this year. Christmas in the Southern Hemisphere happens in the summer. It's not exactly the white Christmas I grew up knowing, so I wanted this album to reflect that. I'll have plenty of chances to make traditional albums filled with snowflakes and wintery themes when I get back to Canada so I'm celebrating the non-traditional themes this year.

Summer-y and festive is the look I was going for.


There are so many different December Daily kits being offered by different companies this year but I pulled mostly from my own stash this time.

Slowly, I've collected little pieces of embellishments that fit with the theme of the book. So far, this is what my "kit" looks like. I'm still waiting on Kelly Purkey's December Daily kit to arrive. The plan is to break up that kit and split it between this December Daily book and my Project Life album.


Right now, I'm storing all my December Daily things in this little wooden box from Ikea. It's not very big, but I don't really need it to be. The plan is to keep things simple, so less stuff is a good thing.


The box sits on my shelf, next to my typewriter for easy access. Whenever I come across a piece that will fit into my December Daily, I pop it into the box.


I'm hoping to use the Studio Calico Handbook and a variety of their page protectors but since they were completely sold out, I won't be able to prep those until I can get my hands on them.

So that's it for now!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful and simple kit - love how you're approaching the DD documenting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the paper you have chosen, it is nice and summery. AND I love that little box, might need a trip to IKEA now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful! I adore the summery look! I love how different that makes it from mine {snowflakes} :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...